Friday - Smoothies/smoothie bowls
Smoothies are such a simple way to pack an incredible amount of healthy foods into an easy to drink breakfast!
The night before, add all dry ingredients into a blender and keep in the fridge. In the morning, simply add the wet ingredients (including frozen fruit) and blend! easy peasy lemon squeezy.
The following ingredients are just suggestions that will give you some ideas that you can switch up how you like.
- frozen fruit (berries, banana, orange - whatever your little one loves) you can also use frozen cauliflower for a creamy, cold texture
- non frozen fruit (banana, kiwi, etc)
- fresh or frozen leafy greens (I suggest spinach as it doesn't have an overpowering taste the way kale can - a little more kid friendly)
- chia seeds + hemp hearts
- coconut yogurt
- cinnamon (optional)
*note - I have not provided measurements for the above ingredients because it depends how many smoothies you're making, and at what size. Plus people like their smoothies at much different textures, so play around with it and it never needs to be exact measurements - just eyeball it.
- add all ingredients to a blender
- blend until fully combined
To make a smoothie more fun, pour it into a bowl and top with fruit, coconut flakes, chia/hemp or other super foods.